If building data pipelines in a fast-moving company with the latest technology stack sound good to you then read on!
Who are we?
Humn.ai is an award-winning venture-backed InsurTech headquartered in London but working wherever you are. We are a data-first start-up on a mission to make insurance work better for commercial transportation fleets. We make risk visible and price insurance by the second so businesses can focus on what they do best: move people and goods safely.
Our core platform utilises streaming telematics data and adjusts insurance pricing in real-time reacting to the driver's usage, behaviour and environment to enable us to offer previously impossible insurance products.
What's important to us?
Our ethos is built on the principles of empowerment and autonomy. We believe in the power of open collaboration, open communication & open-source software. We need people who understand what it is like to be part of a shared mission and what it takes for a team to succeed. Skills are important but people are everything. If these words speak to you, you should talk to us!
We need you because
- You will be an essential part of an award-winning venture-backed and rapidly growing InsurTech.
- If you are looking to make a mark in your career with an excellent opportunity for learning and growth - this is the perfect opportunity. We are growing at pace, we move fast, and we encourage all Humns to work autonomously with the support of experienced founders who have done this before.
- You will make a difference by building and deploying microservices for IoT data
- Creation of reusable data models
- Building API services to integrate with data providers
- Design of data service and data integration frameworks
- Release testing and productionising new components
We want you because
- You have Golang development experience of at least 2 years
- You worked before with Kubernetes as a developer including containerisation of apps, and service and deployment definition
- AWS Lambda function development and integration with other cloud services
- API service implementation using AWS API Gateway Service, GraphQL and REST
- AWS DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases from a data design and integration perspectives
- Strong automation mindset and a passion for root cause analysis
- You have expertise in performance tuning and service monitoring
A great candidate would have experience with:
- AWS Security, including IAM, SecretsManager, KMS and Cognito
- SQS, Kafka or MQTT
- Elasticsearch and Prometheus
- Modern data warehousing (Hive, Kylin or Presto)
- Good communicator
- An eagerness to learn
- Good explainer: can make the complex simple
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary
- You will be eligible to participate in our options scheme and will benefit from being an early joiner
- Work from the London office, from home or from anywhere!
- Very flexible and generous vacation policy*
- A cutting edge technical environment to tune your skills
* Our policy aims to encourage staff to consider flexible working arrangements. We recognise that a better work-life balance can improve employee motivation, performance and productivity, and reduce stress. Therefore we support employees in achieving a better balance between work and their other priorities, such as caring responsibilities, leisure activities, further learning, and other interests. Humn.ai is committed to agreeing on any flexible working arrangements, provided that the needs and objectives of both the organisation and the employee can be met.